What Is Cardiac Screening? Why Should You do it?
Considering the alarming rise in the number of heart related ailments in India, especially among the younger age group, cardiac screening has become the need of the hour. With the help of these screenings risk factors and potential heart conditions can be detected early on. This is the reason we, at health2home have introduced our cardiac screening checkup package empowering you to take control of your heart health and live a healthier life.
Moreover, there is an additional benefit if you book our cardiac screening now. Our cardiac screening assesses your heart health by testing a range of medical conditions that can impact your heart health in a negative way and pose the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The package includes the following tests:
- Fasting & Post Prandial Blood Glucose (FBS & PPBS): High blood glucose levels can be an indication of diabetes. Diabetes is one of the leading risks for cardiovascular complications.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): CBC is used as a tool to detect CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) since it can diagnose anaemia which is known to induce CHF and create similar symptoms of CHF.
- Lipid Profile: Understanding the level of cholesterol in your blood is important as it is linked to heart and blood vessel disease. Doctors will test for levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL), or ‘good’ cholesterol which can absorb cholesterol and carry it back to the liver, and low-density lipoproteins (LDL) or ‘bad’ cholesterol, which can build-up in the arteries.
- Liver Function Test: Raised values of liver function tests (LFTs) have been correlated with multiple metabolic abnormalities and variably associated with cardiorenal outcomes.
- Renal Function Test: When the kidneys become impaired, the hormone system, which regulates blood pressure, goes into overdrive in an attempt to increase blood supply to the kidneys. The heart then needs to pump against higher pressure in the arteries, and eventually suffers from the increase in workload.
- Thyroid Profile: Thyroid hormones modulate every component of the cardiovascular system necessary for normal cardiovascular development and function. When cardiovascular disease is present, thyroid function tests are characteristically indicated to determine if overt thyroid disorders or even subclinical dysfunction exists.
- Tmt/echo/cardiogram: An echocardiogram is used to look at the heart’s function, structure, and shape, to help detect heart disease at the earliest possible stage.
- ECG: Looking at your heart rate and how much electrical activity is passing through the muscles of your heart, allows doctors to detect abnormalities in your heart’s structure and its rhythm.
- Vitamin D3: Low vitamin D is connected to a greater risk of death in those with heart failure, that’s why our package gives priority to Vitamin D3 test.
- Calcium: A calcium scoring test can assist healthcare providers in making treatment decisions for people with borderline risk of heart disease.
- Xray chest PA View: A chest X-ray is useful for showing the size and shape of the heart and detecting chest disorders.
- Cardiology Consultation: Once the results are available our expert cardiologist will identify the possible risks and advice you to make lifestyle changes or may suggest the best possible treatment in case of any serious concern.
Why Do I need a Cardiac Screening?
Though many people look physically fit from the outside, there have been cases of the fittest people collapsing in the gyms after experiencing a massive heart attack. So, heart health is not something to be neglected. Take proactive steps towards ensuring the well-being of your heart by booking an appointment for our cardiac screening checkup package. The good news in heart disease is largely preventable. So, what are you waiting for, contact us now.