Covid-19 was declared a global pandemic on March 11, 2020 and even though a couple of years have passed, it seems far from over as new variants and cases are being reported on a daily basis across the globe. In the current scenario RT-PCR (Real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) testing and social distancing remain key weapons to control the spread of the virus.
RT-PCR test is one of the most accurate laboratory testing method for the current covid-19 pandemic. The test is also known as SARS-CoV-2 Test and SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test. The test helps in the diagnose of Covid-19 infection in an individual. With people returning to offices, reopening of schools we all are not completely restricted within our homes anymore, this is the time we must be careful more than never. Completing the schedule of vaccination ensures significant protection from the severity of the disease. However, the risk of a milder form remains.
When Do You Need Covid-19 RT-PCR Test?
- If you experience any of the following common symptoms including fever, dry cough, tiredness aches & pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, headache or loss of taste or smell you should immediately schedule an appointment for Covid 19 RT- PCR test.
- If you are travelling and need a confirmatory test.
- The Covid -19 RT-PCR test should also be done in case you have come in contact with an individual infected with Covid-19.
- In case your doctor suspects you have been infected by the covid-19 virus (you had a possible exposure and some suggestive symptoms) and advises this test
How do I book a Covid-19 PCR test at home?
Health2Home offers the simplest way to get the covid-19 PCR test at home. You can easily book an appointment online or can place a request through WhatsApp. Our team will get back to you to schedule a visit time that is convenient for you. Our specially assigned team will arrive at your residence & collect samples. During the RT-PCR test at home our technicians will collect nose or throat swabs or sometimes both for the detection of any sort of infection. The samples are processed at NABL accredited labs and authorized by ICMR. The results will be published on the same day within 12-24 hours. During the process our skilled team will take all measures to ensure that no contamination occurs through our staff or equipment.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or Pressure
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
- People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.
- On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.
- People with medical illnesses including heart diseases, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, chronic kidney disease, sickle cell disease, weakened immune system and pregnancy need to be more cautious as they are at an increased risk of serious illness from Covid-19.