It Takes Guts to Protect Your Digestive System
What’s your gut feeling telling you today? If you are not feeling good about your gut, maybe it’s time to pay more attention to your diet. Whatever happens in your digestive system will set the tone for how you will feel the whole day, so prioritizing your gut health is a necessity.
Signs of Poor Gut Health
If your gut health is suffering, you may notice a few symptoms such as:
- Abdominal Pain: Frequent abdominal pain or issues like bloating, heartburn, gas or constipation indicate poor gut health. If you want to get it tested you can opt for our abdominal pain check-up package to know what’s causing the nagging pain.The package includes consultation with a physician, ultrasound of abdomen & pelvis, ESR, CBC, CRP, urine routine & microscopy, Se Amylase and Se Lipase.
- Unintentional weight loss or sudden weight gain: If you are losing or gaining weight without making any changes to your diet or exercise routine then there are chances that your gut is screaming for help.
- Skin Condition: If you are suffering from skin rashes or itchy skin it may be because of poor gut health.
How to improve gut health?
There are certain foods that can make your gut feel great so next time you go grocery shopping make sure that you get these food items to boost your gut health.
- Fermented food: Fermented food contains gut friendly bacteria known as probiotics. Some examples of food rich in probiotics are yogurt, kombucha, kimchi etc.
- Include more veggies & fruits: Make sure that you include a wide range of fruits and vegetables in your diet including bananas, asparagus, garlic etc. that are an excellent source of prebiotics.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only enables fiber to do its job properly in your gut, but also helps keep your digestive system—and the rest of your body—running smoothly.
If your body is showing any signs of bad gut health, you can book an appointment with us and our doctors at health2home will guide you in the best possible way. If you need any diagnostic blood test, we can also help you with that. So, give us a call today and book an appointment.